I. DEFINATIONS :
- Affiliates: An "affiliate" is any company that is controlled by or under common control with Kantipur Digital Corp Private Limited (KDC).
- Cookie: A “cookie” is a small piece of information that we use to assign each visitor’s computer a unique, random numerical identification code that resides in a designated file on his or her computer.
- Device Identifiers: Device identifiers are strings of letters and numbers that can be used to distinguish one device from other devices.
- Internet Protocol (IP) Address: An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to user's computer whenever they access the Internet, which web servers use to identify where to send the information user's computer requests.
- Personally Identifying Information (PII): Personal information is information that identifies a specific person. It includes name, address, telephone number, email address, payment card number, and government-issued identification number.
- Non-Personally Identifiable Information: Non-personally identifiable information is every kind of information except for personal information.
II. GENERAL :
Kantipur Digital Corp Private Limited (Hereinafter referred as KDC) owns and operates www.ekantipur.com and other sites (i.e. sub-sites and micro-sites) therein, which is an online news platform. As used herein, “we,” “us” and “our” refers to Kantipur Digital Corp Private Limited and its Affiliates. Any individual accessing or using 'Services' is referred as 'You' or 'User' and hereby agrees to be bound by these Terms and the other policies listed on the website.
III. SCOPE :
IV. DEEMED ACCEPTANCE :
V. COLLECTED INFORMATION :
- Personally Identifying Information (PII): We may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifying information. You can choose not to provide such information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of or participate in some features of the Services. We do not automatically collect any PII from visitors to the Services.
- Personally Identifying Information (PII) of Children: We do not knowingly collect or solicit PII from or about children under the age of 18. By submitting any PII, you certify that you are at least 18 years of age. If we discover that we have received any information from or about a child under 18 in violation of this statement, we will delete that information.
- Non-Personally Identifying Information (NPII): We may collect certain NPII through our website or services as follows
- Cookies :We may use information collected from cookies to recognize your browser when you visit the our Services to facilitate easy login, to attempt to personalize the Services for each user, to ensure that your browser does or does not see the same advertisement over and over again, to sequence ads and offers in a series and to track page usage and paths, to help serve advertisements, or to facilitate your ability to navigate the Services. We may link the cookie to PII you submit or other information we collect.
- Log Files : We may use programs that collect information about log files, including browser types, Internet Service Providers (ISPs), referring/exit pages, platform types, date/time stamps, number of clicks, and Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. We may use IP addresses for a number of purposes, such as system administration, to report aggregate information to our business partners, or to audit the use of the Services. We may disclose such non-personally identifying information, such as aggregated statistics, to third parties for a variety of purposes, including describing our services, marketing, and improving the experiences of yours to the Services. The information that we collect regarding log files is not linked to PII.
- Automatically Collected Information :We may use automated means to collect various types of Information about you, your computer or other device used to access our Services, it may include: network or Internet protocol address and type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using, the name of your Internet service provider and domains used by such providers, mobile network, device identifiers, device settings, browser settings, the web pages of the Services you have visited, Services visited before and after you visit a Service, the type of handheld or mobile device used to view the Service, location information, and the content and advertisements you have accessed, seen, forwarded and/or clicked on.
- Geo-location Information :If you are accessing a Service from a mobile device or through a mobile application, you may be asked to share your precise (GPS level) geo-location information with us so we can customize your experience on our Services or on other Services, when we work with a Partner such as a third party mobile ad platform. If you agree to such collection, in most cases, you will be able to turn off such data collection at any time by accessing the privacy settings of your mobile device and/or through the settings in the applicable mobile application.
- Information from your social media account : When you provide information from your social media account, it can help enable us to do things like (1) give you exclusive content, (2) personalize your online experience with us within and outside our Services, (3) contact you through the social media service or directly by sending you the latest news, special offerings, and rewards, and (4) enable you to share your experience and content via social media services. When you provide information about yourself to us through an application, through our Services, or on social media services or other third party platforms, other members of these services may publicly view it and we cannot prevent further use of the information by third parties.
VI. POSSIBLE USE OF INFORMATION :
- Authorized Purposes and Special Offers : PII that you voluntarily submit may be used for the purposes authorized when it was submitted. You may pick and choose which email newsletters you wish to receive (including not to receive any email newsletters) by clicking the "unsubscribe" link included on the bottom of every email newsletter you receive from us. In addition, we, our advertisers, or third parties selected by us may send you special offers and information. If you do not wish to receive such special offers and information sent by email, you may follow the instructions for unsubscribing included within any of such special offers or informational emails.
- Sweepstakes, Contests and Promotions :If you win a sweepstakes or contest, your PII may be disclosed on a winners list as required by law. In addition, by entering a contest or sweepstakes on the Services, you consent to the use of your PII by us and our service providers providing services in connection with such sweepstakes or contest for purposes of prize fulfillment and/or for marketing, such as to notify you of a product or promotion that may be of interest to you. If you no longer wish to receive emails about products or promotions that may be of interest to you, you can always opt out of receiving further information by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link included in such emails.
- Customizing Content, Advertising and Offers : We may use information collected from cookies and other technology to recognize your browser when you visit the Service and to attempt to personalize the Service for each user, to sequence ads and offers in a series, and to track page usage and paths. We may also use collected information to allow editorial content and/or advertising on the Services to be targeted to groups of users for whom it is most pertinent. This means that users see editorial content and/or advertising most likely to interest them. In connection with these uses, we may disclose information to third parties.
- Statistical Analysis :We may use collected information to create aggregate statistics about activity on and visitors to the Services, including the number of return visits to the Services or our advertisers’ websites, the number of unique visitors that have viewed or “clicked” a particular ad or visited a particular web page and how much time is spent on each page of the Services. We may also create aggregate demographic statistics. We may use these aggregate statistics to measure interest in various areas of the Services, to better design the Services and to improve our marketing strategy and product offerings. We may share the aggregate statistical information with third parties.
VII. SHARING AND DISCLOSURES :
We may disclose collected information in the good faith belief that we are required to do so by law, or when doing so is reasonably necessary to:
VIII. THIRD PARTY SITES AND CONTENT :
During your visit to the Services you may view as part of a frame that includes our content, certain content and websites that are actually created, operated, owned and/or hosted by a third party or third parties. You may also see links on the Services to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of third parties. You should check the applicable privacy policies of those third parties when providing PII. In addition, certain sections of the Services may have their own, specialized privacy policies, may be because they are part of a social network or hosted by a third party. You should check the applicable privacy policies of those sections and/or of such social networks.
IX . DATA SECURITY :
- We use reasonable administrative, technical, personnel and physical measures to safeguard PII against loss, theft and unauthorized use, disclosure or modification.
- As effective as our security measures are, no security system is impenetrable. Moreover, we cannot guarantee that information that you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us.
- We have put in place physical, electronic, and managerial procedures designed to help prevent unauthorized access, to maintain data security, and to use correctly the Information we collect online. These safeguards vary based on the sensitivity of the Information that we collect and store.
X. OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
- Linked Services : Some of the Services contain links to or integrations with other services such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and other media services and platforms whose information practices may be different than ours. Visitors should consult these other services' privacy notices as we have no control over information that is submitted to, or collected by, these third parties.
- International Transfer: This Service is governed by and operated in accordance with laws of Nepal. If you are located outside of the Nepal, you use this Service at your own risk. Your Information will be transferred to and processed in the Nepal where many of our central databases operate.
Questions: If you have any more questions write to :
Kantipur Digital Corp Private Limited
Central Business Park, Thapathali
POB NO. 8559
Last Updated 21st May 2017.